Sunday, February 6, 2011

First Post.

I am God-Free.

I've been an atheist since July 2010, the same time that I turned 21.

I was raised as in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (the Mormons). My dad was also raised as a Mormon. My mom converted to Mormonism from protestant Christianity when I was 3 years old. Until last July I had been a faithful Mormon who loved my church and followed all of it's rules unquestioningly. Mormonism was at the core of my identity. Then I changed my mind.

This blog is a project for my own benefit. It's a place that I intend to use to examine my old way of thinking, my transition to rationalism, and how that worldview will continue to evolve and affect my decisions and beliefs going forward.

I don't expect to attract many readers. It's more important that I know I have a place to express myself publicly than to actually know I have a large number of people reading what I have to say. However, for those who have found their way here, thanks for reading, and feel free to contact me and let me know what you think of the blog.

-GF

No comments:

Post a Comment